So today was the day that all of us Apple fanboys and girls have been waiting for. Stevenote. The annual Steve Jobs keynote speech at the Macworld expo.
What exciting things would Steve announce today? A REAL time machine? A flying car? A tablet? That he’s buying Twitter? That we submit our DNA to Apple and all of the content that matches our profiles will be autopurchased? We can now order Starbucks by grunting?
No. None of that.
But here’s a rundown of interesting things from today:
- Apple makes shitloads of cash.
- They sold 20 million songs on iTunes this past Christmas day alone.
- Steve Jobs has moobs.
- 1-2-3-4 by Feist will forever be known as “that iPod song”
Now for some announcements:
1. Want to backup via WiFi? Now you can. Apple announced the “Time Capsule”, which is a portable Hard drive that you can back up any Macbook to automagically with Time Machine via WiFi. 500 GB model is $299 and 1 TB model is $499. These are nicely priced in my opinion. Steve says it’s “aggressive”. I don’t know about all that.
2. iPhone updates to 1.1.3. Now you can check directions via Google maps via Skynet over wifi and edge. While it’s not GPS it’s not bad. Also, you can make clips of your content and put it on your home screen. A lot of us saw this stuff with a leaked video of the update, and this confirmed it. You can move shit around on your home screen and it “wiggles”. This made the giddy fanboys and girls laugh at the show. Lame.
BIG NEWS, you can now *legally* get these same features along with mail and weather and such on your iPod touch!!!! WEEEE! Wait, what? It costs 20 bucks to current iPod touch users to get the update. MOTHERFUCKER!!! WHAT THE SHIT? NO FAIR!! I HATE YOU STEVE!!!!!!!
3. Rent movies via iTunes. Apple TV gets a major upgrade, free updates to existing users. Simple interface no longer requires a computer. Rent movies, download podcasts, all from your TV. Rent movies on your computer, you have 30 days to watch them and 24 hours to finish once you started. $2.99, or for HD its 4.99. HD!!! Fuck you Blu-Ray and HD-DVD!!!!! Interesting stuff here.
4. Dum Dum Dum! There’s something in the air was plastered everywhere. Well here it is. The Macbook Air. It’s the world’s thinnest notebook. It fits in an envelope. It moans when you touch it, it has mouse gestures, you can get it with a solid state drive for 3,100 bucks. Sexy sexy sexy. Aluminum. Light, thin. Expensive. Just like we like it!!!!
There you have it. More to come soon!
Blogged with Flock
Tags: apple, stevejobs, keynote, mac, drew olanoff, best damn tech show period, update, 2008, iphone, ipod touch, macbook air, air, macbook, itunes, movie rentals, apple tv